Engine Option: Supermarine V8
Directional Rotation of prop Shaft
*1 Central Camshaft
*Dual Ignition Sensors
*Electric Start *Dual Fuel Pumps
*Motec ECU Pre Programmed
*Mill Spec Wiring
*All Braided and Fire Sleeve Fuel Lines
92.0 mm/3.62 in
100LL 98 Oct Mogas
45 KG Dry
1.82to 1 (Other available at extra cost)
SAE6 (SAE2 also available at extra cost)
Horse power Rated
Torque At Prop
This PSRU is a Supermarine Aircraft design for our engine packages with thousands of hours testing and flying in the field with no failures. Main housing is cast aluminium and all internal components are machined from billet aluminium with extremely close tolerances of 0.005”.
1. Brand new LS2 6L V8 crate Motor modified by Supermarine
2. Supermarine PSRU assembly and Hub(SAE6)
3. Complete wiring with all switches and circuit breakers
4. Pre-programmed Motec ECU
5. All StSt Fuel lines with fire sleeve
6. All aircraft grade Fuel lines fittings
7. All fuel pumps, regulator and filters
8. All radiator hoses in silicon long life
9. Water header tank and over flow bottle
10. Starter motor and alternator
11. Oil cooler and lines
12. Custom made StSt 12 Pod Exhausts
13. Engine mount and hardware
What do we do different?
Supermarine Aircraft has spent the last seven years developing the V6 and now the V8, both have been test flown by our CEO, Mike O’Sullivan. We have done thousands of hours in the air and on dyno rigs for fine tuning and testing. The Motec ECU works in Real Time this means that it is reading sensors on the engine to work out timing and air fuel ratio to give peak performance and maximum engine life. This eliminates the pilot's need to lean or enrich the fuel mixture as it is always at its optimal mixture. The ECU also has a pre-programmed map as a redundancy system, similar to that of a left and right magnito. All engines are run in the factory before shipping and data is logged. This also means that we can carry out diagnostics on engines with a laptop computer.
What is included with the engine Package?